- Is the outlook really so dire for bonds after the rally in yields in February and what should you do with your bonds?
- My portfolio: bought TIPS and diversified bonds
- Monthly Update for February 2021
- Book tip: The Permanent Portfolio by Craig Rowland and J.M. Lawson
- In case you missed it: Launched a shop for tools and resources (both paid and free) for easy portfolio management, all within the Google Spreadsheets framework
In the last week of February, the bond market came under scrutiny in a culmination of a rapid hike in yields and a failed US 7Y Treasury Bond auction on Thursday February 26th.
A complete dry-up of risk appetite in fixed-income space briefly pushed the 10Y treasury bond yield above 1.60% in an intra-day posting. This was the crown of a month-long trend throughout February with rising treasury yields. The 10Y yield closed the month at 1.41%, being up 55% YTD.
In this February 2021 Monthly Blog Post, we focus on the recent ripples on the bond markets, the outlook from here, and what you as a risk parity investor should ow do about your bond portion of your portfolio.